Sunday, May 16, 2010

Summer Football Workouts

Saturday morning all of the coaches for Shafter football from the youngest level to varsity high school met and went over the upcoming season. This was a very productive and informing meeting as we are implementing the wing-t offense that i have little knowledge on. This meeting helped bring together a town instead of 10 different football teams. It was great to see this kind of expertise come together and whats more it was neet to be part of this hopeful beginning of Shafter football as a whole.
This post for me is to ask for any ideas and thoughts on the design of the summer strength and conditioning program which i will be designing in the next two weeks. I have been given 6-7:15am and 5-7pm mondays through thrusdays. I understand this is not ideal but it is what works with the team. I will be implementing agility work mon/wed followed by lower body weights and plyos tue/thr followed by upper body weights. Again if you have any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas please feel free to let me know what you think. In the next few weeks i will be posting my ideas and design as it comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment